Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interesting article! Gluten Intolerance and Mental Health

http://www.glutenfreedietbook.com/articles/index.php?article=21

I found this article extremely interesting. Before I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance, I had severe anxiety and depression, frequent anxiety attacks and difficulty breathing, not to mention constant brain fog. I had NO idea that these symptoms could be linked to gluten tolerance as well as the digestive problems etc. Well, after 2 years of being gluten free..I can say with confidence that I no longer have an ounce of depression or anxiety! It took awhile for my body to completely rid itself of the gluten built up in my system, but now that I'm free from depression (they had diagnosed me with bi-polar and anxiety) I don't know how I survived as long as I did living that way. It's very real! Besides the anxiety/depression I also suffered from joint pain (I'm only in my 20's) digestive problems, feeling incredibly full and dizzy after eating, oily skin, circulation problems and a constant racing heart. I hope this can help anyone who might be suffering with similar symptoms. Who knew it would be as simple as a "diet" change!




No comments:

Post a Comment